This job posting is no longer active on CTjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your CTjobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
NPL Construction Co.Document ID: A7032-0G07 Posted on: 01/22/2013 Job Type: Regular
Position Title: Superintendent/General Foreman
Reports to: Area Manager/Superintendent
Area Office Location: Woodbridge, Connecticut; Working in Massachusetts and Connecticut
Classification: Full-Time; Salaried; NPL Benefits Available (Total Compensation DOE)
We are looking for highly-motivated, career-minded candidates for the position of Superintendent/General Foreman.
Primary Job Duties:
Provides leadership and direction to construction crews, rendering hands-on assistance; is generally accountable for all aspects of each project to which his or her crews are assigned (including safety, quality and productivity); functions as an advocate and role model for NPL’s Core Values, Leadership Principles and Culture of Personal Responsibility. Uses sound judgment in all interpersonal dealings. Thinks clearly, no matter the stress or difficulty of circumstances.
- Minimum 5 years gas-pipeline construction and replacement experience; 3 years as Foreman
- Completed O.S.H.A. Approved Competent Person Course
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required
- Good organizational skills and ability to understand the NPL business model
Effective leadershipis required in getting all assigned crews to achieve stretch goals related to productivity, and to perform safely and with the quality required of NPL. Each successful candidate must possess:
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills
- Self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
- Natural gas pipeline construction experience required
To apply, please submit a resume by fax to 203-389-5219. Please note, all candidates will be drug tested.