Ramada by Wyndham Windsor LocksLocation: Windsor Locks, CT 06096 Document ID: AF345-45KW
Ad Number: 28129348 Published on: 2021-09-2509/25/2021 Job Type: Regular
Published in: CTjobs.com
What's the job?
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and as importantly the food. As Cook, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavour will complete each guest's experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you'll create some of our guests' most lasting memories.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you'll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimize waste
- Tell your Supervisor or Manager about any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed
- Give guests a better experience by helping with any questions or advice
- Wear your uniform with pride
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
What we need from you
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Ability to stand during the entire shift
- Must speak fluent English
- Ability to stand for long extended hours
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.