This job posting is no longer active on CTjobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
Oliver Wolcott LibraryDocument ID: A7164-0TOK Posted on: 04/26/2013 Job Type: Regular
Will not pay relocation expenses
Hourly Wage: $19.00 minimum
The Oliver Wolcott Library, a 501 (c)3 corporation, located in Litchfield is currently looking for an experienced bookkeeper for a part-time position. $19 hour. 10 hours per week. No benefits. Flexibility with the day/time worked.
- Performing all duties relating to basic bookkeeping using Quickbooks including but not limited to: preparing and monitoring bills, entering all income and expenses, balancing payroll, balancing statements, monitoring ending balance and recommending transfers, and deposits to the bank.
- Preparing monthly reports and special reports.
- Recording all donations and communicating with the development assistant on donations.
- Reconciling petty cash and cash register.
- Assisting and supporting the auditor with the annual audit.
- Filing all income and expense records.
- Preparing monthly statistical reports on library usage.
- High School diploma required. Additional education is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Excel.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Excellent math skills.
- At least three years of experience working as a bookkeeper and using Quickbooks.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and computers.
- Ability to keep records and employment information confidential.
Open until filled. Start immediately. Send resume and letter of interest.