The Hotchkiss SchoolLocation: Lakeville, CT 06039 Document ID: AF276-0018 Posted on: 2021-07-1207/12/2021 Job Type: Regular
Minimum Education: Not Specified2021-08-11
Post Office Associate
Dept: Mail Services and Central Receiving
PT Academic Year Schedule:
Academic year, approximately 35 weeks per year
Part Time, 30 hours per week, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday and Saturdays 9:00-1:00 as rotated.
Reports to: Post Office Supervisor
The School is eager to accept applications from individuals who are excited to support an inclusive and warm working and learning community for students and employees from a wide array of backgrounds and experiences.
The Mail Services and Central Receiving team provides convenient and essential mailing services for the School community. Work Schedule reflects typical hours, additional coverage support as needed requires schedule flexibility.
The Post Office and Central Receiving accept incoming packages and mail for the School, which the team processes for organized, efficient and accurate distribution. They provide the School community with internal postal and shipping services for outgoing mail and packages. In addition, they provide interoffice mail distribution services for the community.
As a member of the Services team, the Associate’s focus is to provide mailing services in compliance with US Postal regulations, including; log packages and sort mail for the community of over 1,200 students and employees. The associate also mails domestic and foreign packages and envelopes for customers at the window using the Pitney Bowes SendPro and meter software.
The staff operate as a team and assist one another to ensure continuity of these essential operations. They provide excellent customer service for the community with a high level of quality and integrity of receiving, mailing and shipping services.
- Maintain confidentiality with information received or distributed within duties, supporting the trust of the school community;
- Meter, sort, and distribute mail and packages;
- Complete forms for carrier packages, including Postal, Customs, UPS and Fed-Ex forms and distributes UPS, Amazon, Federal Express, U.S.P.S.;
- Completes retail transactions for postage, and maintains accurate cash drawer, and charges on debit/credit card;
- Run postage and prepare outgoing mail for pick-up;
- Maintain daily postal reports from POS, SendPro and Meter;
- Utilize SendPro software to mail out packages for the students, faculty, and staff;
- Utilize eRequestor software to support Central Receiving functions.
- Scan and log in packages through Notifii software;
- Provide and engage in cross training between the Post Office and Central Receiving, teaching and learning essential functions of the roles;
- Collaborate and contribute toward the Mail and Package Services team to ensure continuity of operations;
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to use technology and software.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, according to School needs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and comfortable multitasking with flexibility and adaptability.
- Able to work independently as a part of a highly functioning team.
- Able to safely operate a forklift.
- Experience in mail services and receiving, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive relationship with service and delivery providers
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships and superior communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Use hands to type on a computer keyboard, or controls.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods, up to six hours per day.
- Ability to continuously reach and bend.
- Noise level is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
- Must be able to work in a room with no windows and with the door closed for safety and security reasons.
- Given the persistent risks of the spread of the Covid-19 virus -- risks that are heightened due to the emergence of more highly transmissible variants -- all employees of the School are required to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work as a condition of employment. Employees who are unable to receive the vaccine due to disability, medical condition, or a sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption, which will be reviewed by the School to determine the availability of any reasonable accommodations.
The essential functions and basic skills have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This position description is subject to change at any time.
The Hotchkiss School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to basing judgments concerning the employment of individuals upon their qualifications and abilities. The School is firmly committed to equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and applicants in all phases of the employment process (including recruitment, hiring, assignment, terms and conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination).
In accordance with applicable law, the School does not discriminate against any individual based on age, ancestry, color, genetic information, learning disability, marital status, past or present history of mental disability, national origin, physical disability, race, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
|More Jobs from The Hotchkiss School|